Saturday 28 January 2017

Late nights

So I'm sitting here at 11pm at night wondering what to do, I've had enough of tv, cleaned about as much as i could handle and after a few minutes in front of my laptop have found myself here after 7months or so since my last blog entry.
Its quite bizarre reading my older entries from my past self, I feel I have forgotten some of my own advice and think i need to remember that more often.
So what has been happening since my last entry! Well business ventures have been keeping me busy not only have I continued with my usual 40+ hour work week i have taken up a new venture and a new love for cooking - Thermomix - I won't go into much about the business side, this is something i have done to get out of my bubble, take myself out of my comfort zone which I believe everyone needs to be aware of. You know when you get that feeling its all falling in to place and you become comfortable you aren't moving any where? Thats it time to do something different - that doesn't mean change your whole career or move to a different country (unless of course thats your calling) even if its going on a hike you have been thinking about for ages, catching up with friends you don't see, get out do something, its good for your soul. Anyway off topic, where was I? Ah, yes Thermomix, while quite a large expense at first I can see and am enjoying so many benefits of owning one.
1. Cheaper grocery bill - I am no longer buying things I can make from other grocery items eg I only buy raw sugar and mill that to make icing sugar etc. I use almonds when almond meal is in a recipe, I plan to make my own rice milk. We have been enjoying more homemade snacks - muesli bars, apricot balls, banana cake, arancini balls and lots of bread.
2. Convenience - I am now making porridge of a morning while continuing to get ready (no more burnt pot bottoms or overflows in the microwave and it tastes just like mum makes (if not better... sorry mum).
3. Support - there is a whole community out there where you can ask questions, share recipes and ideas.
Now i know there are a few of you out there that are against Thermomix, some people don't even know about it, then there is me and everyone else enjoying all the many perks and benefits. Im not trying to sell anyone a thermomix (they sell themselves) I just feel bad for those who aren't enjoying it like i am :) But moral of this story its helping me to work towards my goal of a simple life.

Moving on.... Other things that have happened, we now have 7 fur babies. I rescued a gorgeous chatty little kitty from a pet barn enclosure just before christmas - she is fitting in great with our 2 boys and its nice to have a girl in the house.

My husband has been off work for almost 3 months now due to health reasons, we have never been under financial struggle together before, its nothing compared to some but the thought of losing possessions because the funds aren't there is scary, all the more reason this simple life thing is something to work towards so in future we aren't face with these issues when an income is lost.
On another note it sucks working and still being the one who does most of the cleaning :( this is something most married couples whinge about I'm sure... do you have one person in your household who does most the cleaning? If it isn't you, what are you doing to contribute to the household instead?

Woah a lot of writing tonight :) I almost feel like I have had a vent to a friend and its off my shoulders now. Hopefully I don't leave it to long until the next post. I plan on planning my week every sunday night, this is new so bare with me.
Good night for tonight

ps I still have a notebook obsession!

1 comment:

  1. great post sweetie
    i think notebooks are lovely to have, don't need to go entirely paperless, i love books, real books, they are full of paper :))
    thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete