Wednesday 25 May 2016

First Post

So here goes.....
I have always enjoyed writing, mostly in my journal (when i find the time) but these days due to work i am finding writing with a pen gets quite difficult and painful sometimes, they say if you don't use it you lose it.. Maybe thats what did it... all this technology today and we don't write things on paper the old fashioned way as much, I'm sure its more work related in my case... Any way this year i have dedicated some time myself with the help of my brother to become paperless so its also time to give up that notebook fetish and write things in this blog instead of on paper, between you and me i'll still work on filling those pages with more private entries and keep my sharing to this blog.

So more about me and what i intend to write about... I really want to start living simply, now that doesn't mean i can completely, by far I'm almost at the other end of the scale, yes i recycle when can, have a few herbs and plants growing (just) i make my own soap, barely cook much food, convenience sometimes just takes over when you have a busy life like mine (and I'm sure many others). A lot of blogs i read the authors are retired or stay at home mums (which doesn't mean they aren't busy, they are probably busier than me!) they get to spend a lot more time on creating the life they want, a lot of the time they have husbands that are also interested in the same things and support the simple life!
I read these blogs and attempt to live this way and think why can't i have the time to do that and i have had this realisation that its not me, I'm not doing anything wrong i just need to start smaller and work towards the end goal...
Being very career focused i work 40hours + a week on and in my business and trying to fit jam & soap around that is near impossible but you know what i still manage it on occasion so thats a pretty good effort i think!
There is certainly one big difference between the weeks i feel more accomplished than the ones i don't and that is the good old saying "Fail to prepare & Prepare to fail".

Organising is not my strongest trait but i certainly notice it as a key element to leading a busy lifestyle. You can't work long hours and expect to be able to get anything done at home if you aren't organised prepared and set some time out because otherwise you will come home from that long day and put your feet up and just chill the F* out!!!  And sometimes it needs to be done and you need to accept that and move on with it the next day, just don't punish yourself, don't put that negative energy out there it will bring you down and you will be more likely to do the same the next day!! Just get back up on that horse and go again!
Anyway i have got off topic here! Living a simply Busy lifestyle and the various things i want to get into so that i can begin my journey to being self sufficient.

No comments:

Post a Comment